Conquer your Fear of Flying
Common questions that arise when one has a Fear of Flying:
1. I see a smoky like substance coming out of the air vents – is this smoke? No! This is very common for you to see especially when you are departing a hot/humid airport, and the cold air from the air conditioning is meeting that humid air, forming condensation. You can see this in your car as well
2. The lights just quickly flashed off, and then back on… Is there an electrical issue? No! Normal electrical power from the plane comes from the engines, however, when you are at the gate there is a very small engine in the back of the plane that not many people know about – this is called the APU, Auxiliary Power Unit. The sole purpose of the APU is to create electrical power on the ground, without having to run the engines, as this would be very unsafe for the many people walking around the plane on the ground. The flash of light that you may or may not see is the electrical power transferring from the APU to the Normal engines after engine start.
3. I constantly get that “floating” feeling right after take off, why? Planes will almost never take off, and climb right up to their cruising altitude in the mid 30,000ft range. Planes will very often level off at random increments assigned by air traffic control, this is for aircraft spacing, as well as, better aircraft performance. Each time that plane levels off, you may experience that slight “floating” sensation.
4. The engines just got quiet? Is something wrong? No! You will hear many different variations in engine sound, especially below 10,000ft. Airplanes have a speed limit below 10,000ft, which is 250 knots, or about 288mph. This speed limit is there for air traffic control to be able to space all planes accordingly, it would make it very difficult if one plane was flying at 350mph, and the plane in front of them is flying at 250mph – for that reason, all planes can’t exceed 250kts below 10,000ft over the contiguous United States. When you hear that engine get very quiet, it is simply the pilots reducing the speed of the plane to maintain that speed limit – keep in mind, you are in a jet, and jets like to go quick, these planes can very easily exceed 250kts, so the pilots have to reduce the power of the plane significantly to maintain that limit, hence, the quiet engines!
5. I hear a lot of noises when the plane is getting ready for takeoff, why? Prior to take off, the pilots will run through a series of tests assuring that all of the aircraft systems are working normally, and these systems can make a lot of noise. Many of these sounds that you are hearing are all tests that are being done prior to the take off.
To be honest, you should never feel ashamed about having to cope with flight anxiety. The fact of the matter is millions of people all over the world have apprehension when they step onto an airplane. It is actually rather commonplace, but so are the factors which cause the fearful to hold on to their worries.
It is not always possible for a person to get over flight anxiety on their own. Sometimes, good help is all that is needed to get the job done. That’s why finding the most comprehensive class is still your best bet towards beating those fears before they beat you.
A Trusted Professional Understands the Fundamentals of Modern Flight Procedures
When searching for what you need, it is important that you consider the pilot’s knowledge of modern flight procedures.
- Do they understand how things are supposed to progress on a normal journey?
- Have they educated themselves on the dynamics of general plane functions?
- Can they clearly explain to you the causes behind events such as delays, turbulence, and emergency protocols?
In short, our pilots and classroom instructors are among the best in the industry. For example, our highly trained staff here at Fly Home LLC are now ready and willing to provide you with pre-flight or in-flight assistance simply by using the most comprehensive insights regarding modern flying.
The Most Reputable Helpers Are Just Experienced Flyers
Getting over flight anxiety often requires the help of someone who has been there. Although a professional can read any amount of books on the subject, there is no insight better than experience. At Fly Home LLC, we make sure that all of our pilots have been on a large number of flights themselves, that way they can offer clients the benefit of their own personal understandings of a modern flight. Who wants to hear about coping with flight anxiety from someone who has never dealt with it before? Our sympathetic and compassionate pilots are not the pandering type, but instead are there to use their knowledge and professional expertise to assist you with overcoming your fears.
Tailored Sessions for a Variety of Travelers
Unfortunately, misplaced flight anxiety is something with which all sorts of modern people deal, even if only on an occasional basis. Whether you are a new explorer, a frequent flyer, or an adventurous vacationer, our staff has been trained to meet your individual needs. All of our sessions are designed specifically to accommodate both novice and expert flyers alike. Each one offers a variety of interesting insights, effective coping exercises, and industry standard professionalism. Fly Home LLC is today’s leader in flight anxiety help, which means that your search for the best in-flight assistance could be over if you really wanted it to be.
Flying in an airplane is one of the most exciting and convenient ways to travel in modern times. After the concept of flight was studied and perfected, commercial planes were taking off from the world’s runways in record numbers each year. Regardless of this fact, there are still certain things that modern science and engineering simply cannot surmount.
Public Enemy #1: Turbulence. Although it is pretty commonplace for some people to have an unhealthy fear of turbulence, it is a worry that can be assuaged with proper consideration. The first step to feeling better about flying is to identify why you are afraid in the first place.
Possibility # 1 – You Are Unfamiliar With the Commonalities of Flying in an Airplane
There is nothing wrong with being a rookie flyer; we all have to start somewhere. Still, there is a certain amount of stress and anxiety that comes along with doing something new or unfamiliar for the first couple times. It could be that you have a fear of turbulence because you are unsure what it really is or why it even occurs.
This is most often the case with folks who are unsure as to what should be expected during a normal flight. At Fly Home LLC, our licensed pilots are experienced flyers themselves. Whether in class or in flight, they are ready and willing to share their personal and professional insights in an effort to make your journey a less bumpy one.
Possibility #2 – You Are Apprehensive about Uneducated Flying
A lot of people are able to hop onto an airplane without ever considering the fundamentals of how the aircraft actually works. Although this might suffice for some folks, you might have a fear of turbulence because your brain needs to know what is going on. After all, you are thousands of feet in the sky and contained within tight quarters with perfect strangers. We understand.
Our comprehensive sessions here at Fly Home LLC are specifically designed to help ease your mind for the journey ahead. We offer courses which cover everything from the industry’s most interesting statistics to general operational knowledge about the mechanics of the entire trip. By the time you’re done with class, you might not even need one of our experienced flyers to ride along with you (but we’ll offer the option to you anyway).
Possibility # 3 – You May Need Professional Help to Deal With Underlying Issues
Sometimes, your fear of turbulence is derived from some unknown subconscious thought or emotion. No amount of flight knowledge or persuading can fix that, only the help of one of our distinguished professionals can. Here at Fly Home LLC, we pride ourselves on offering several comprehensive courses that not only educate clients but also effectively get to the bottom of the problem. Whether the issues stem from personal experience or learned behavior, our incredibly compassionate professionals are ready and willing to help you get over your fear of turbulence once and for all.
When modern man finally mastered the fundamentals of flight the world went crazy. Suddenly there were airplanes everywhere, as more and more people began using this new form of transportation as a means to quickly zoom all over the world for the first time. However, not everybody shared the euphoric sentiment regarding this fanciful traveling method. Even today, we still have people who simply cannot go flying without fear. Although every precaution to keep passengers secure has been taken by today’s aviation industry, just the idea of taking flight can send some people into a panic. Luckily, there are effective ways to enjoy this modern marvel without having an anxiety attack in the process.
Understand the Fundamentals of Flight
Your best bet when trying to enjoy flying without fear is to get to know about how an airplane works on its mechanical and physical levels. Scientifically, the process of flight is not that complicated so you won’t need a special degree to understand the basics. Here at Fly Home LLC, we are compassionate about the fact that your unfamiliarity with the fundamentals of airplane technology can induce panic. We offer state-of-the-art counseling sessions for all sorts of travelers, with each course being instructed by a knowledgeable professional who can easily explain what’s really happening as you take off from the runway.
Educate yourself on The Facts
Taking flight on a modern airliner can be a fun and exciting experience if you let it. The first step towards accomplishing this goal is to educate yourself on the details of flying. You might need the help of a professional counselor in order to fully grasp exactly what you should expect while in the air. However, the importance of knowing what is normal during a flight can seriously improve your ability to go flying without fear. In short, you need to understand how things like delays and turbulence are simply par for the course, and you will have to eventually accept those things as perfectly safe parts of your journey. Let our counselors show you how.
Research Your Counseling and Coping Options
There are a lot of things you can do to improve your state of mind during a flight, but before you do anything you should research your options. At Fly Home LLC, we proudly offer state-of-the-art treatment for all sorts of travelers, with the understanding that schedules are busy and good help is hard to come by. Being able to enjoy flying without fear can tremendously improve your quality of life, especially if you are booking flights on a regular basis. Just be sure that you complete any counseling sessions in a timely manner, and always follow up on any treatments you have been offered by our compassionate therapists.
Millions of people all over the world take flight in an airplane on a daily basis, zipping off to exotic places for vacation or to areas where important business is to be conducted. Although you might initially think that all those folks are perfectly comfortable with the idea of flying, you would be sorely mistaken. It turns out that a lot of travelers end up seeking some kind of comprehensive counseling in order to get over fear of flying, even those who hop on an airplane on a regular basis.
Counseling Provides a Sense That You Are Not Alone In Your Struggle
You do not have to constantly feel as though you are in the spotlight because you have a fear of flying. Because so many people share your apprehension, the need for professional counselors has skyrocketed in the last few decades. Now, it is not only perfectly acceptable for someone to seek out our services, but it is also recommended in some cases. At Fly Home LLC, we understand how difficult it can be for you to admit that you need help. Our highly trained counselors make evert effort to provide clients with the best therapy in the industry, giving you the ability to get over fear of flying without embarrassment.
Professional Counseling Introduces You to Facts That You May Not Have Considered
It may be possible for you to gather the appropriate data concerning average flight experiences, but our exceptional counselors are all equipped to offer their clients much more than that. You see, it is only when you are able to understand what you should expect during a flight that you can eliminate unpleasant surprises on the plane. Grasping the fundamentals of proper aviation techniques, as well as becoming familiar with the reasons behind certain circumstances, might help you to get over fear of flying quicker than you had originally thought.
Counseling Sessions Can Be Tailored to Your Personal Needs
Interestingly, people from all walks of life often seek out counseling to help them get over fear of flying. At any given moment, you surrounded by folks who find it difficult to enjoy flight, but you are also inundated with counseling options whether you know it or not. Our comprehensive therapy sessions can be tailored to your specific needs, whether you are a first time flyer, a regular vacationer, or a traveling businessperson.
Mental Health is an Investment in Your Future Quality of Life
It is important that you do what you can to live your life with as few complications and stress as possible. Anxiety associated with the inability to get over fear of flying can create some pretty serious health concerns over time, especially for those who take flight under stress on a consistent basis. Visit Fly Home LLC to sign up for our next counseling session then sit back and fly without concern.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!